WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who loves delivering smiles (food) to tables!
We get excited when we sea our food on its way and we assume you do too! This ‘someone’ knows how to deliver RockStar service every single day and makes it look effortless. They will partner up with the Server & make sure our Sailors have an epic dining experience, no pressure!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned restaurant and/or outlet
- Assists the Server in ensuring each table assigned to them is set up, cleaned down and organized in accordance with company and USPH rules and regulations prior to, during and at the end of service
- Offers and refills water, bread, butter, beverage and any other items required
- Assists the Server in the delivery of food ordered by collecting from the galley and delivering to the respective station in a timely manner; all the while monitoring temperature and presentation standards as per service procedure
- Offers condiments and seasonings when food is delivered as per service standard
- Ensure that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner, according to the handling guidelines
- Informs their respective Supervisor or Manager regarding all sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seeks to resolve
- Partakes in clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including silverware and other tableware meet Virgin Voyages standards
- Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
- Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching
- Assists with embarkation/disembarkation procedures and luggage handling as and when required
- Performs other restaurant, Room Service and Crew Dining Service duties as and when required
- Minimum 2 years experience as Assistant Waiter/Assistant Server onboard a Premium Class Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort or restaurant
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: January 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions