ACTIVE ONLINE INTERVIEW
The Housekeeping Manager works in conjunction with the Housekeeping Director to coordinate, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department.
- Free food & accommodation (as it's stripe position, you get a single cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- Ensures all Housekeeping operations and procedures are executed consistently (Stateroom Inspection, Public and Crew areas appearance and cleanliness, Linen and Equipment Management, Ship sanitation in Housekeeping related areas).
- Is highly visible and regularly walks around all areas of the ship, maintains a good communication and working relations with all Hotel and Marine Departments
- Identifies any safety concerns and takes immediate action to correct.
- Ensure that adequate products, including supplies and guest amenities are always available, thorough follow up with all pending or future orders, ship inventories and equipment shortages or malfunctions
- Understands the budget and the numbers behind the business, contributes to the future orders and use correctly the C&R allocated funds for an efficient operation
- 2-3 years progressive Housekeeping managerial experience, preferably in an upscale hotel, resort, or cruise ship. (Shipboard experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, chemical handling and safety related procedures, requirements and use of equipment, personal protective equipment and job safety analysis related to proper handling chemicals, lifting, pushing and pulling heavy equipment, garbage removal.
- Knowledgeable about talent assessment techniques, quality service standards and guest satisfaction, development of crew / management, leadership skills and coaching abilities for front line employees and junior management, increased ability to solve issues
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related Company programs (Issutrax, OCIMS, Fidelio, LGA, Berthing Manager, Medallia, Kronos, Celebrity App)
- Working knowledge of financial aspects, budgeting and cost containment, planning and future orders, inventories and C&R.
Last updated: September 22, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions