ACTIVE ONLINE INTERVIEW
Responsible for two key areas; quality adherence and waste reduction. In both areas, the position helps to develop actionable plans to deliver the best F&B experience to our guests.
- Free food & accomodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- Champions the program onboard the ship. Leads discussion and shares insights with F&B managers, crew members and shipboard leadership to promote and execute the War on Waste, the company’s initiative to reduce food waste.
Responsible for counting the raw and prepared protein products planned for consumption in the different food production venues in accordance with the menu matrix. From time to time, controlling by spot checking the portion size and quality of product.
- Responsible for measuring, recording and reporting Direct or Repurposed food waste at all program venues.
- Maintains a close relationship with shoreside team in order to be continuously providing ideas, improvements and solutions to facets of the program.
- Detects and reports product and data discrepancies to shoreside teams for follow-up. This includes product or spec deviation, oversized portioning, incorrect handling of products, etc..
- Spot checks recipe compliance in line with daily operational production sheets and standard operating procedures, verifies the different controllable food production for each venue for consistency of product per day-parts and menu plan.
- Supervises temperature control devices and reports and ensures that variances are addressed.
- Ensures connectivity of all relevant devices and reports any issues aligned on the automation of data input and guest flow counts.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy and recording of accounted adjustments for inventoried products exposed by spoilage, damage, expiration date and other incidentals that become food and beverage operational expenses. Not limited to foods and beverages, this position will observe the waste on chemicals and other date sensitive products.
- Good level of English
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or hospitality; or three years of experience in food and beverage operations with basic computer literacy.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage provided resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer-generated documents and data.
- Able to reconcile accounts and create reports for management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to redact memorandums, reports and maintain organized data and documents.
- Team-work oriented with flexibility to work at certain times during the day, depending on operational needs.
- Attention to detail and continuous improvement, driven for results.
- Logic and attention to details.
Effective communication skills.
- Problem solver.
- Effective interaction with other departments.
- Sound judgment and decision making.
Last updated: July 13, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions