UPCOMING ONLINE INTERVIEWS WITH VIKING CRUISES
Why is it so cool to become a Viking?
- Paid flights to and from the ship
- Legal employment 6 months on, 2 months off based on 10-hour work day
- Fixed return dates at the end of your contract
- Free shipwide Wi-Fi
- Free accommodation
- Opportunities for growth and advancement in your career
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure a friendly and professional service in your assigned F&B area to the fullest guest satisfaction and in accordance with Viking Ocean Cruises Standards.
- Professional, welcoming and sales oriented F&B service.
- Assigned areas of responsibilities in any F&B outlet according to direction from management.
- When working in teams with Waiters the function is to support and assist as well as being an additional guest resource.
- Area of responsibility is set up in accordance with direction from supervisor and Viking Ocean Manuals.
- Prepare and performs F&B activities (i.e. cocktail parties, Tea Time, Café Lunch) and special events as assigned.
- Tallying any sales transactions and correctly follow any accounting procedures.
- Cleaning of working areas in accordance with HACCP and company rules and standards.
- Separation and disposal of waste / garbage
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors as required.
- Following all applicable company standards and HACCP rules.
- Keeping and storing of any assigned inventory stock in accordance with set par- levels following safety and sanitation rules and regulation.
- Active participation in onboard training programs.
- Embarkation duty as directed, including luggage assistance, guest escorting and any other related duty.
- Participation in loading as required and on direction of supervisors.
- Additional duties, not mentioned here, will be expected as per management request.
- At least 2 years in similar position in 4* or 5* operation.
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- International experience / shipboard experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently, service and sales oriented and guest focused, positive personality, ambitious and with professional appearance.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
- Minimum age on the date of application is 21 years.
- No visible tattoos
Last updated: October 13, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions