WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW ASAP
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who will take pride in keeping our fabulous pool deck looking dusted--never busted! If you know how to stay cool when people get hot and can werk a fluffy towel faster than a falling coconut, keep reading.
This ‘someone’ will create the most memorable pool experience at sea by keeping the beach balls popping and the people lounging.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Cleaning and maintaining the outer deck area and pool area ensuring that all trash, used glasses, used crockery and cutlery are removed in a timely and efficient manner
- Laying out, cleaning and storing deck furniture before and after service hours
- Assist Pool Service Supervisor with linen inventory and ensure that there is a sufficient number of towels and covers for the day
- Maintains a supply of clean towels to the pool areas ensuring used towels are removed and delivered to the Laundry in a timely and efficient manner
- Performs duty of Bar Waiter as required ensuring sailor’s drinks around the pool area are replenished as required
- Executes poolside amenity program at scheduled times
- Assists with the deep cleaning program for all deck furniture
- Advises Pool Service Supervisor of any sailor complaints and where possible tries to resolve
- Is familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as Bar Waiter or Pool Deck/Service Attendant onboard a Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: MAY 3, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions