AHOY, SAILORS! Virgin Voyages announces URGENT ONLINE INTERVIEW!
- Work on board brand new cruise company fleet - Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady (currently at shipyard in Italy under construction)
- Joining in May - June 2021
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide / reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Wiper is to assist the 1st Engineer/Engine Foreman in the completion of day to day watch keeping activities and other activities in the Engine room and other areas of the vessel as required.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and cleaning of specific Engine parts as directed by Line Manager.
- Provides assistance to licensed Engineers and Superior Engine Ratings in various tasks in the Engine room.
- General painting and cleaning of the Engine room, trash pickup, tools and instruments.
- Assist with planned maintenance assigned to their department as directed by Supervisor.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept.
Super Powers Required:
- Engineering Watch Rating III/4.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language.
Last updated: MARCH 30, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: