ACTIVE ONLINE INTERVIEW
Hosts and participates in shipboard recreational, entertainment and social programs geared towards adults and families. Serves as master of ceremonies to motivate, inform and entertain small and large groups of guests throughout their cruise vacation.
- Free food & accomodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- Maintains continual interaction with the guests. Hosts and participates in adult and family recreational programs and activities.
- Participates in embarkation and debarkation procedures by disseminating information, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms and or exits.
- Socializes with guests in public areas at all times in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. Visits guest lounges at specified times to converse with as many guests as possible in the time allotted
- Attends Captain’s Cocktail Party and Welcome Back Party to provide introductions, collect invitations, socialize and coordinate the flow of the reception line.
- Participates in greeting and directing guests on and off the gangways 6. when the ship has arrived in the ports of call.
- Participates and hosts Family Activities creating an atmosphere welcome to guests of all ages.
- Assist Explorations at the front desk, back office ticket processing, and dispatching tours when necessary dependant on ticket sales.
- Instructs and participates in the ShipShape Program or Sports Court activities on Voyager class ships, by instructing, organizing or facilitating various activities and/or tournaments. May serve as master of ceremonies for the activities.
- Participates in shows and events presented by the Cruise Director’s Division by taking part in skits, and/ or simple dance routines. Instructs, organizes or facilitates various activities and/or tournaments. May serve as master of ceremonies for activities. This includes, but is not limited to: the Welcome Aboard Show, Farewell Show, Cruise Staff Cocktail Shows, Captain’s cocktail reception, Crown & Anchor Club, island activities,
etc. Voyager class ships events include Royal Promenade and Studio B; Ultra Voyager class ships include FlowRider.
- Participates as master of ceremonies or host for special group functions such as, but not limited to, charters, affinity, promotional, incentive, presentations, and various theme night arrangements.
- Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required. Assists in the coordination of audio or visual equipment for events as needed.
- Performs stilt walking for parades on Voyager and Ultra Voyager class ships as necessary.
- Assembles and disassembles pre and post activity props and equipment. Returns items to storage area.
- Maintains inventory of various prize lockers, office supplies and consumable items utilized in the backstage areas. Coordinates with the Cruise Programs Administrator, Central Stores and Provision area when requisitioning supplies.
- Two years master of ceremonies or professional entertainment (theatre, o music, dance, comedy, etc.) experience with resorts, cruise lines, entertainment or recreational industries required.
- Ability to provide a special talent or skill as a personal specialty class for activity planner preferred. Activity class offerings preferred: dance instruction, craft classes, fitness classes, singing, etc.
- Ability to capture and manage the attention of a large group of people with microphone effective and courteous microphone techniques. Experience on a microphone required.
- Ability to provide basic instruction to a large group of people.
- Ability to utilize customer service skills by exercising authority and discretion to satisfy guests in a manner consistent with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software basic packages.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Degree from a college or university in the theater, performance or dance preferred.
- Excellent ENGLISH skills
Last updated: March 18, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions