WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels - Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Public Area Manager is responsible for ensuring the carrying out of the cleaning and maintenance of all Public areas onboard the vessel.
- Monitors all public areas ensuring spaces are well maintained and cleaned effectively.
- Carries out cleaning of public areas including but not limited to mess, walkways, launderette, restrooms and staircases.
- Monitors Work and Rest hours of Public Custodial team and implements work schedules in line with these.
- Daily vacuuming, sanitizing, garbage removal and dusting/polishing of all public areas.
- Carries out cleaning and maintenance of carpets and floors in public areas including shampooing, stripping, waxing etc.
- Assists in the handling and distribution of Sailor luggage on embarkation/disembarkation.
- Follows and ensures correct storage via COSWOPP when handling and/or using cleaning chemicals.
- Keeps all cleaning equipment well maintained and reports any defects to the Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Completes Appraisals for direct reports.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years experience as Housekeeping Supervisor onboard a Premium Class Cruise ship.
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions