WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is quick, quirky, and of course, qualified!
This “someone” thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys providing quick (and delicious) bites to our Sailors (guests). They take pride in providing the most unique food and beverage experience at sea!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
● Maintain positive Sailor relations at all times
● Maintain complete knowledge of all items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet
● Maintain complete knowledge of proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation and menus of assigned all and/or outlet
● Regularly visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service ensuring sailors have the utmost satisfaction
● Ensures all tables assigned to them are consistently clean, organized and tidy
● Ensure that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner
● Informs their appropriate supervisor or manager regarding all sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seeks to resolve
● Prepares mise-en-place to ensure their respective area is ready for service
● Offers and refills water, bread, butter, beverage and any other item required
● Follows health rules and regulations according to USPH guidelines
● Partakes in cleaning routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including silverware and tableware meet Virgin Voyages standards
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching
● Assists with embarkation/disembarkation procedures and luggage handling as and when required
● Performs other restaurant, Room Service and Crew Dining Service duties as and when required
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions