WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’
When life hands you lemons, make wine! Our sailors love to wine-down & say cheers and this ‘someone’ will help our sailors do so. They are a wine guru and know exactly what wines our Sailors (guests) would love.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet
● Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink
● Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet
● Competently open and serve wine/champagne bottles
● Fully knowledgeable in standard cocktail recipes, wine lists, spirits, other alcoholic beverages, garnishes and presentations
● Responsible for planning and leading the training of all bar crew in the knowledge and proper serving of a variety of wines via ‘on the job’ training
● In charge of restocking the Wine Cellar on a daily basis and to participate in the loading of wines to the vessel when necessary
● Responsible for keeping their workstation to a clean and tidy standard as per company requirements
● Aware and able to implement company beverage control procedures
● Assists in preparing all restaurants for service as needed and when required
● Able to talk sailors through the full wine list and if necessary assist with choices and is able to make recommendations based on the cuisine served to the Sailors satisfaction
● Sets up any wine tasting events and any other events as requested by the Beverage Operations Manager
● Timely handling and resolving of guest complaints concerning sommelier activities and informs Beverage Operations Manager
● Ensures good stock control and accurate charging to accounts
● Responsible for monitoring the inventory of wine glasses, utensils and bottles ensuring all wine glasses and utensils are in pristine condition at all times
● Ensures a professional service is delivered to sailors at all times and personal appearance and uniform are kept to company standards
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Works to maintain company safety, hygiene and sanitation practices at all times and maintaining cleanliness of all areas up to USPH and company standards
● Prepares pre-orders of wine and ensure they are on tables in preparation of service
● Follows the Responsible Service of Alcohol policies and procedures and discreetly informs the Beverage Operations Manager if a sailor has consumed in excess
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions