TAKE PART IN ONLINE INTERVIEW WITH VIKING CRUISES IN NOVEMBER 2021
Why is it so cool to become a Viking?
- Paid flights to and from the ship
- Legal employment 6 months on, 2 months off based on 10-hour work day
- Fixed return dates at the end of your contract
- Free shipwide Wi-Fi
- Free accommodation
- Opportunities for growth and advancement in your career
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure a friendly and professional service following the S.T.A.R. Service Experience standards while maintaining highest cleaning and hygiene standard in all assigned areas. In addition you ensure glassware, plates, flatware, equipment and utensils are in an exceptionally clean, orderly and stocked condition. The position supports the Galley operation at times following all applicable company standards.
- Professional welcoming and sales oriented F&B Service following the S.T.A.R. Service Experience Standards.
- Ensure absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP and USPHS rules as well asdepartment SOP’s and supervisors directions.
- Follow service procedures according to SOP’s, Department Service Standards and all applicable Sanitation and Safety standards at all times.
- Setting up and maintaining all self-service buffet areas ensuring each item is associated with the correct label. Including, if so instructed, working from behind the food lines.
- Serving beverages during meal period as instructed by supervisors following company safe alcohol serving policies.
- When working in teams with Waiters the function is to support and assist as well as being an additional guest resource.
- Working area is set up in accordance with direction from supervisor.
- Prepare and perform F&B activities (i.e. cocktail parties, Tea Time, Café Lunch) and special events as assigned.
- Tallying any sales transactions and correctly following all accounting procedures.
- Cleaning of working areas and operating equipment in accordance with company rules and standards.
- Assist in other departments upon instruction from supervisors as required.
- Keeping and storing of any assigned inventory stock in accordance with set par levels following safety and sanitation rules and regulation.
- At least 2 years in similar position in 3* or 4* operation.
- Very Good English skills, other languages are an asset
- International experience / shipboard experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently, service and sales oriented and guest focused, positive personality, ambitious and with professional appearance.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
- Minimum age on the date of application is 21 years.
- No visible tattoos
Last updated: October 13, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions