WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessel Valiant Lady (currently at shipyard in Italy under construction)
- Joining in April / May 2021
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Sr. Security Supervisor is responsible to implement and enforce ship’s security policies. The Sr. Security Supervisor is under the supervision of the Security Officer.
- This position shall have an understanding of the Safety Management System, including his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan.
- Excellent understanding of the company policies and a thorough knowledge of security policies are essential for this position.
- This position will lead an active gangway shift and under the direction of the Security Officer shall supervise all access control measures while in port.
- The Sr. Security Supervisor will take an active part in managing of incidents, accidents and investigations as directed by the Security Officer.
- The Sr. Security Supervisor shall prepare the work schedule for the security staff under the supervision of the Security Officer.
- This position may lead an evening\night shift of security staff monitoring various public areas around the ship including night clubs, bars, pools and other functions taking place.
- During security rounds they shall always be alert and follow the designated procedures. They may be the first person to arrive at the scene of an incident\accident and will have to assess a situation and act accordingly until help arrives according to initial response procedures.
- This position shall inform immediately the Security Officer and the Deputy Captain of any incident that has occurred and be able to take emergency action whenever needed.
- This position shall report immediately any unusual incidents or situations. They shall also report if any abuse of ship’s property or abuse of shipboard regulations are/have taken place.
Super Powers Required:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in either Military, Law enforcement or Physical security in a supervisory role
- Prior supervisory experience in Cruise ship security is required
- Must have good knowledge of various security equipment including checkpoint\ cargo X-ray screening and metal detection, CCTV surveillance, Trace detection, Defensive Equipment and tactics.
- Knowledge of Counter terror measures, Access control and physical assessment of a facility.
- Candidate must have all required STCW certificates for this position
- Knowledge of investigations, Interview techniques, statements and managing of an incident – Strong recommendation to have a valid Incident Management and evidence collection\preservation training certificate.
- Ship Security Officer Certificate is preferred
- Good level of English
Last updated: MARCH 15, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: