WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels - Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for ensuring the most memorable dining experience is delivered to sailors and crew by leading, training and motivating the restaurant crew in their respective areas and any other outlets assigned to them during service.
They ensure a friendly and professional service is undertaken during the restaurant service. Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintain positive Sailor relations at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Responsible for providing supervision, leadership and support to all restaurant team members, helping to provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere and service to all Sailors and Crew.
- Responsible for training restaurant teams on respective food/beverage menus, standards and steps of service.
- Responsible for cross training crew members in other departments in order to find the right fit of future teams.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned restaurant and/or outlet.
- Regularly visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service ensuring Sailors have the utmost satisfaction.
- Ensures all restaurant team members perform and adhere to company guidelines and policy at all times.
- Ensure that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner.
- Informs the Maître d’ on all Sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seek to resolve.
- Assigns service stations to the service staff from the respective assigned outlet based on performance, and ability without discrimination or favoritism.
- Ensures that all health rules and regulations such as USPH are maintained and adhered to and where necessary, provide training to other members of the Restaurant team.
- Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary.
- Monitors and assists clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including cutlery and tableware meet Virgin Voyages’ standards.
- Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately.
- Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching.
- Monitor restaurant and Crew Dining areas ensuring that all crew uphold all standards, rules and regulations in line with USPH guidelines.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience as Assistant Maître d’ or Head Waiter onboard a Premium Cruise ship.
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
Last updated: January 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions