ACTIVE ONLINE INTERVIEW
Leads and participates in a variety of Sports Deck and Cruise Director activities and duties such as climbing wall, Flowrider (FR Class), in-line skating, golf simulator, volleyball, basketball, golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, theme nights, spot lights, gangway etc. by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
- Free food & accommodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- Maintains continual interaction with the guests. Hosts and participates in adult and family recreational programs and activities.
- Promotes and serves as Master of Ceremonies in Sports Deck activities, and Vitality programs. Issues equipment to guests for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator, Flowrider (FR class), volleyball, basketball, golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, etc.
- Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator, Flowrider and any other related activities.
- Leads Vitality classes and events. Organizes and conducts tournaments. May serve or participate as master of ceremonies. Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in activity. Observes guests during activities to detect and correct mistakes.
- Evaluates guests’ physical condition to participate in various sport and fitness activities.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations. Responds and reports any type of emergency.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment and props required for activities. Returns items to storage area.
- Performs regular inventory of all equipment and supplies. Determines if equipment requires replacement or repair.
- Maintains the Sports Deck in a clean and orderly fashion. Posts current daily information, hours of operation, activities, etc. for the benefit of the guests. Adhering to USPH ship requirements.
- Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Prepares all required reports utilizing the computer equipment.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Socializes with guests in public areas at all times in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. Visits guest lounges at specified times to converse with as many guests as possible in the time allotted.
- Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required.
- Minimum one year recent experience as physical fitness and/or recreational sports instructor with background with resorts, sports facilities or related recreational facilities required.
- Master of Ceremonies experience preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and instruct recreational sports and activities for large groups and/or individual sessions.
- Ability to provide one-on-one rock climbing wall instruction. Rock climbing (manual belay) certification preferred.
- Ability to provide one-on-one Flowrider instruction, Ultra Voyager Class only preferred.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of the Flowrider or other similar water park equipment, preferred for Ultra Voyager Class only.
- Knowledge of the rules of basketball, volleyball, golf, ping-pong, shuffle board, etc.
- Fluent ENGLISH language level
Last updated: March 18, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions