ACTIVE ONLINE INTERVIEW IN CASINO DEPARTMENT
Installs, services, adjust and repairs coin-operated slot machines, currency changers, video arcade games and currency and coin-handling equipment located in the shipboard Casino by performing the following duties and responsibilities. The position is also responsible for maintaining and repairing signage and the computerized gym equipment.
- Free food & accomodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- Adjust slot machines, video games, coin-handling, card shuffling and all other machines and equipment following manufacturer’s specifications, using hand and power tools. Conducts general maintenance and/or service on all machines and equipment. Prepares requisitions for parts, tools equipment, etc., and forwards to Casino Management for approval.
- Fills machines with coins and tests electrical and coin-handling systems.
- Examines defective machines to determine causes of malfunctions. Adjusts and repairs machines, replacing worn or defective electrical or mechanical parts, using hand tools, such as screwdrivers and pliers.
- Collects coins and currency from change machines and makes settlements with cashier cage to balance assets and cash retrieved from the machines.
- Prepares written authorization for jackpot payouts and presents to Cashier and/or Casino Management based on established Casino Operations policies.
- Conducts daily inspections of the Arcade Machines and equipment.
- Maintains a constant presence throughout the Casino. Walks around the Casino to assist guests and provide general information. Extends courtesy and helpful gaming information to guests. Responds to guest complaint in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns.
- Supervises staff to ensure speed and accuracy of cashiering services in accordance with the Celebrity Connections standards. Under time constraints or staff shortages, assists employees or performs cashiering duties.
- Ensures established procedures to maintain, balance and reconcile, assigned cage assets (cash drawer) are followed by Slot Technicians.
- Maintains slot machines, arcade games, and coin currency handling, card shuffling, and all other related machines and equipment following manufacturer’s specifications, using hand and power tools. Conducts general maintenance and/or service on all Casino, Arcade and related machines and equipment. Prepares requisitions for parts, tools, equipment, etc., and forwards to Casino Management for approval. Prepares Landing Goods Advice (LGA) forms according to company guidelines.
- Maintains an awareness of the guests to provide security problems. Observes players and machine operation for improper use or possible security problems. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious behavior.
- Participates in slot and video game count as assigned and in accordance with Casino Operations policies.
- Participates in the programming or repair of progressive gaming and other electronic displays including Roulette displays.
- Completes paperwork and/or reports on a per voyage, monthly and/or quarterly basis.Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work related activities as required.
- Formal training in the repair and troubleshooting of a variety of electrical, mechanical and/or electronic equipment.
- Previous slot technician work experience in live casinos preferred.
- Proven ability to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment, and methods and procedures in mechanical drawings.
- Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard crew members to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time. Ability to count paper and coin currency quickly and accurately.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to monetary units and compute slot machine percentages.
- Good level of English
Last updated: June 11, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions