This position is responsible for deterring and/or effectively responding to shipboard incidents involving violations of the Guest Conduct Policy or other shipboard incidents.
- Free food & accomodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces in 2018
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- not offensive tattoos allowed
- tickets are paid!!!
- Establishes the visibility of shipboard security through patrolling indoor and outdoor areas, interacting with guests to ensure their security and compliance with reasonable standards of conduct. Responds promptly and effectively to calls for assistance.
- Evaluates situations quickly to determine the appropriate security response and takes decisive action to address incidents, consistent with policy. Principally relies on effective communication and conflict resolution skills, but is able to utilize physical control and restraint techniques, when necessary, to control escalating or dangerous situations.
- Works closely with other shipboard components to raise the awareness and importance of security and to integrate guest security in each department’s daily activities.
- Participates in the resolution of incidents, including conducting interviews, writing reports, assist the Chief/Security Officer to recognizing and preserving evidence, controlling crowds, complementing the experience of Security Officers and Staff Captains, training, and performing other security-related duties that enhance the guest vacation experience of guests.
- Familiarization with the screening equipment operation as well as procedures of the Gangway operation is required from the GSS although this will not be their primary function. In times when a surge in access control security will be required (increase in threat level or other operational need) the GSS team will be a valuable asset to the Security Officers team.
- Good level of English
- experience/training in crowd management and customer relations, principally relying on non-aggressive, non-lethal forms of conflict resolution and crowd control
- Ability to patrol in a none-routine manner, maintaining a high level of visibility and effectively dealing with escalating issues When necessary, utilize defensive tactics and hand-to-hand skills to control or escort hostile persons. Recognize, preserve and properly document evidence.
- Ability to diplomatically or, if necessary, physically deal with guests in tense, adversarial or confrontational situations.
- A level of physical fitness which permits the use of physical control and restraint techniques if needed.
- A well groomed, physical appearance and demeanor that establishes a presence that serves as an incident-deterrent as well as a reassurance to guests.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, processes and strategies to promote effective security.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a multicultural environment.
Last updated: March 18, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions