WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about providing an epic in-cabin food experience. If you can appreciate the beauty of a sunset, while eating delicious take out in bed, keep reading!
This special Quick Service Supervisor will work in both Quick Service Restaurants like our Lido, Dock, Pizza, Crew and Room Service Operations, making sure that our Sailors (guests) always get their food piping hot or perfectly chilled while relaxing in their hammocks. We know that you’re craving something quick and delicious, but also want to get on with the fun!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
- Supervises Quick Service Venues onboard: Room Service, Lido, Crew Dining and Pizza Place
- Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, cooking methods and beverage selections available for Room Service
- Trains the Quick Service and Crew Dining Attendants and other restaurant teams on respective food/beverage menus and service procedures.
- Cross trains crew members in other departments to find the right fit for future teammates
- Ensures Quick Service Attendants are delivering food and beverage orders to Sailor’s staterooms in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintains knowledge of appropriate linen, china, glassware and silverware and sets up the room service operations in line with Virgin Voyages’ standards
- Ensures orders are responded to promptly and monitors orders for accuracy
- Ensures all deliveries are made according to timescales set and where possible notifies Sailors in advance of any potential delays
- Regularly monitors staterooms where food and beverage services have been delivered
- Ensures crew maintains food presentation and temperature control at all times to ensure dirty/discarded items are removed in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensures all equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner
- Informs the Quick Service Manager on all sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and, where possible, seeks to resolve
- Ensures that all health regulations such as USPH are adhered to
- Is familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience as Room Service/Restaurant Supervisor onboard a Premium Cruise ship
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions