WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is restaurant obsessed and is always on the lookout for the hottest trend. If you think you have the chops to lead a team in one of our dynamic restaurants, keep reading.
This special supervisor is the kind of person that can nerd out on pop-up restaurants and food trucks, but also values impeccable service. This person is always checking out the newest restaurant trend around and loves making sure that everyone is having a good time. They will oversee & lead a team from around the world. Sound interesting to you?! ... Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
- Maintain complete knowledge of all service items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet
- Assists with the training of the Quick Service Attendants and other restaurant teams on respective food/beverage concepts, menus and service procedures
- Trains the Quick Service Attendants and other restaurant teams on respective food/beverage menus, telephone etiquette, Room Service ordering, delivery and clean up regularly
- Cross trains crew members in other departments to find the right fit for future teammates
- Ensures Quick Attendants are delivering food and beverage orders to Sailor’s staterooms in a professional and courteous manner
- Responsible for providing supervision and support to Quick Service Attendants helping to provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere and service to all Sailors and Crew
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range, buffet line setup, refill, clearance and dress code of assigned restaurant and/or outlet
- Regularly visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service ensuring sailors have the utmost satisfaction
- Ensures all team members perform and adhere to company guidelines and policy at all times
- Ensures that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner
- Informs the Restaurant Manager on all sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seeks to resolve
- Responsible for carrying out supervisory duties in respective outlet
- Assigns service stations to the wait staff based on performance and ability without discrimination or favoritism
- Ensures that all health rules and regulations such as USPH are maintained and adhered to and where necessary provides training to other members of the Restaurant team
- Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary
- Monitors and assists clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items, like cutlery and tableware, meets Virgin Voyages’ standards
- Is familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries
- Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience as Restaurant/Lido Supervisor or Head Waiter onboard a Premium Cruise ship
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions