WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who has got the chops to help us bring our epic culinary experience to life.
We love food... and we assume that you do too! This ‘someone’ will oversea an entire galley outlet and ensure that all aspects of the outlet are operating in ship-shape. Sound interesting to you!? ... Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Responsible for maintaining and producing high level standards in food quality in the assigned outlet
● Responsible for the entire operation of their assigned outlet in terms of food safety, creativity, cleanliness, team performance
● Adheres to and monitors that HACCP and USPH rules and regulations are followed on a daily basis
● Meets with Executive Sous Chef and/or Chef De Cuisine on a daily basis to review production schedules and internal requisitions for their outlet
● Monitors portion control and conducts spot checks
● Carries out inspections and spot checks of storerooms within their outlet
● Reports any machinery/technical faults to Executive Sous Chef and monitors repair schedule
● Conducts food tasting on a daily basis in their outlet and corrects any discrepancies with regard to quality, taste and/or appearance
● Carries out the service line in their assigned outlet including but not limited to the efficiency of service, presentation and plating
● Communicates with Asst. Food and Beverage Operations Director for any provision related matters
● Must be familiar with their assigned galley outlet layout in terms of safety and security and ensure members of his team are fully familiar
● Monitor Work and Rest hours of all members of their team ensuring ILO guidelines are adhered to
● Assist in the preparation and implementation of work rotas for their outlet team
● Monitor performance of their team ensuring that they are working to company, HACCP and USPH guidelines
● Conducts menu explanation to the Restaurant team in their assigned outlet prior to the start of service
● Inspect cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas and rectify any deficiencies
● Monitors clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items meet Virgin Voyages standards
● Notifies Executive Sous Chef of any Sailor complaints raised and seeks to resolve
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Responsible for the appearance and cleanliness of their outlet culinary team.
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions