WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
You are an operational guru and is well versed in menus, cooking methods, menu cycles, and presentation standards. They day dream of doing ship a little bit differently. Sound like you!? ... Keep reading!
What You’ll be Up to:
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all ship’s food outlets and service standards
- Delivers outstanding customer service to Sailors throughout dining service and engages with them to gain feedback on service and food
- Knowledgeable with all Food & Beverage Operations aspects including but not limited to menu knowledge, cooking methods, menu cycles and presentation standards
- Conducts regular inspections of all food service areas and outlets ensuring that any shortfalls in cleanliness or standards are corrected
- Monitors work/rest hours of all restaurant staff ensuring MLC guidelines are adhered to
- Responsible for the restaurant reservations and ensures the execution is as planned
- Designates specific responsibilities to Maître d’s and Assistant Maître d’s who are assigned to work in various sections of the food service areas
- Ensures that all special diets and/or special requests are fulfilled as per Sailor’s requirements
- Ensure all Restaurant Operations staff operate above USPH standards
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided and listens and responds to Sailor and Crew concerns and feedback
- Ensures that all new staff within restaurant areas receive ongoing training on the Restaurant Operations and other company’s policies and procedures
- Reports to the Food & Beverage Director any guest complaints and feedback and, where possible, resolves
- Responsible for the appearance and manner of the Restaurant Operations’ crew
- Monitors and reports on restaurant and food outlet sales and costs ensuring that outlets within their department operate within established budgetary guidelines
- Responsible for cost containment through proper use and care of records, reports, supplies and equipment
- Identifies potential expense reductions through cost control
- Analyzes operational problems and establishes controls.
- Reviews timesheets and forwards to the Food & Beverage Director for approval
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ recent experience as Restaurant/Dining Manager onboard a Premium Cruise ship.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or a related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and able to juggle several operations at a time
- Demonstrated experience in motivating, leading and engaging a diverse workforce to increase synergy and improve productivity
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong English language written & verbal skills
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions