ACTIVE ONLINE INTERVIEW
This position is responsible for operating music, video and lighting equipment to produce a mixture of dance music such as, but not limited to, Top 40, disco, new wave, dance-oriented rock, Latin, R&B, reggae and classic rock. The position is also a member of the Activities Staff and is required to socialize with guests, and participate or host a variety of activities related to his or her position.
- Free food & accomodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- Maintains up-to-date musical inventory with the support of shore-side management.
- Assures that equipment is maintained in safe and clean working environment. He or she shall alert the Activity Manager of any necessary repairs so that an AVO may be placed for repair.
- Records two evenings’ sessions per voyage on the hard drive and submit this shore-side via disc.
- Continually interacts with guests; coordinates, hosts, and participates in other adult recreational activities related to his or her position.
- Socializes with guests at all times when in the public areas. Visits lounges at various times and converses with as many guests as possible as time allows.
- Assists in the coordination and operation of audio and/or visual equipment for events as needed in support of the Sound & Light Staff as determined by the Cruise Director.
- Participates in shows and events presented by the Cruise Director’s Division such as the Welcome Aboard Show, where he or she will be promoting his or her position or the nightclub.
- Attends mandatory crewmember's and guest safety drills as required.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
- Professional disc jockey experience with the ability to operate a variety of music playing equipment and lighting equipment. Experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise line or entertainment/recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
- Ability to beat mix and maintain a seamless set consisting of a wide variety of music.
- Experience with microphone technique in front of large groups preferred.
- Maintains his/her own stock of music on CD format to compliment the onboard collection of music.
- Ability to “read a room” and create a music atmosphere sensitive to nightly changes in guest demographics.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of dance music such as, but not limited to, past and present pop music, dance, Latin, 70s disco, reggae, R&B, hip hop, country and classic rock.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and organize large numbers of people.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables where only a limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as BPMs, time codes, etc.
- Very strong communication, organizational, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
Last updated: March 18, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions