ONLINE INTERVIEW ONGOING
This position shall carry out the work orders given by the Staff Chief Engineer, Chief Electrical Engineer , Accommodations Maintenance Manager . He/she must be a skilled worker and be able to carry out all kinds of maintenance and repair work.
- Free food & accomodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- Ensure that all ventilation, cooling, freezing equipment, ice rink cooling equipment and all air conditioning equipment is kept in full and proper working condition.Assist in the repair, overhaul and general maintenance (preventive and unscheduled) of the following systems and equipment (all of these under the direct or indirect supervision of the engineers onboard):
- Chiller units
- Filters chiller water distribution
- Ventilation, heating and air condition systems in staterooms, crew cabins, public spaces and corridors
- Change AC filters
- Support AC system overhauls
Refrigeration equipment Engine Systems
- Ice making equipment
- Refrigerators - all types
- Main and auxiliary engines
- Propulsion and auxiliary systems
- Vacuum systems
- Fuel filters and fuel distribution systems
Safety and Security equipment Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Switchboard systems
- Power distribution systems
- Phone systems
- Bridge and engine equipment
- Audio and video
- Automation systems
- Lighting systems, including running wire and changing light bulbs
- Run diagnostic systems as needed and directed by engineering staff
Elevators and escalators
Galley and pantry equipment
Other miscellaneous equipment onboard as directed from engineering management team
General steel work activities, including but not exclusive of welding, including TIG and MIG, lathe operations, sheet metal
work, pipe fitting and installation.
Arranging tools needed and returning them after the job is completed spare parts and deliveries, maintain all store areas organized and support the storage and removal of parts for maintenance throughout the vessel.
- Cleaning up after completion of any job carried out under his supervision
- As requested, assist the Technical Support Officer in receiving
- Assist the Chief Refrigeration Engineer in training of the personnel in his division in safety procedures and assigned duties.
- Assist the Chief Refrigeration Engineer in proper maintenance and repair of all refrigerators, walk in coolers, cold water drinking fountains, mini-bar (with refrigerant gas), ice making machines.
- Assist the Chief Refrigeration Engineer in the proper maintenance and condition of the ships safety systems such as fire dampers, shut of dampers, remote shut down and Gaylord systems for all air-conditioning and ventilation ducts.
- Additional routines and work as assigned by supervisor.
- Good level of English
- Welding Certificate by one of the following LR, ABS, DNV, BV, GL
- Valid Motorman's or electrician license
- Knowledge of propulsion systems. Knowledge of auxiliary systems such as, hydraulic, water and sewage
- 2 years prior specific craftsman experience
- Computer science degree with basic database knowledge
Last updated: March 18, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions