WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessel Valiant Lady (currently at shipyard in Italy under construction)
- Joining in April / May 2021
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Repairman will carry out maintenance and repair tasks directed by the Hotel Service Engineer and/or 1st Plumber.
- Assists plumbers in the maintenance and repair of all piping related to Hotel Operations including but not limited to fresh water, black water, grey water and drains.
- Carries out repair and maintenance of Technical and plumbing equipment in galleys, bars and pantries.
- Cleans and maintains workshops and lockers as assigned by Hotel Service Engineer or 1st Plumber.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of plumbing and piping system within the Hotel areas of responsibility.
- Operates as the vessels nominated Welder including Gas, Electric, TIG and MIG.
- Operates the Lathe machine, Milling machine and all common shop equipment.
- Undertakes most steelwork onboard including stainless steel.
- Repairs and maintains non-electrical Laundry equipment.
- Required to undertake and/or assign additional routines and work descriptions as listed in the Planned Maintenance System.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 12 months experience as Repairman onboard or ashore.
- Must hold recognized Welding certificate.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language.
Last updated: MARCH 15, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: