WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessel Valiant Lady (currently at shipyard in Italy under construction)
- Joining in April / May 2021
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Waste Recycling Technician is responsible for ensuring all waste created by the vessel is sorted, handled and disposed of according to Environmental regulations.
- Responsible for the general operation and cleanliness of Waste Treatment room. Ensuring items are stored in a safe and efficient manner to reduce the risk of hazardous occurrences.
- Operates and controls the incinerators and shredders in a safe and efficient manner taking into consideration the hazards associated and ensuring proper segregation of waste being input.
- Ensures all waste is properly prepared to be processed into the incinerators, shredders, compactor or stored in the cold store.
- Notifies 2nd Engineer Environmental of all technical related problems in the Waste Treatment area.
- Notifies the 2nd Environmental if a consistent quantity of garbage is not separated correctly.
- Ensures that all waste is properly separated, packaged and labeled as required before disposal ashore.
- Ensures special waste such as lamps, cartridges, batteries etc.. are properly disposed ashore according to the Environmental Officers instruction.
- Responsible for safely landing waste material in scheduled ports as per the Environmental Policy.
- Must be present in the Incinerator Room whilst Incinerator is in use.
- Responsible for obtaining permission from the Engine Control Room before starting any operations such as burning in the incinerator, food waste discharge, crushing bulbs etc..
- Assist with planned maintenance assigned to their department as directed by Supervisor.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Waste Recycling Operator or Waste Disposal Operator onboard a Cruise Ship.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language.
- Experience in dry dock is preferred
Last updated: MARCH 15, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: