Work on board brand new company VIRGIN VOYAGES vessel Valiant Lady (currently at shipyard in Italy under construction)
Joining in summer 2021
- Work on board brand new company vessels - Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 7 months on, 3 months off
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
STCW certification, Joining tickets, Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME), Necessary Visas, other joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence during travel.
The Able Seaman assists the Bosun in the completion of duties and maintenance involved in the Deck Department.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties in order to affect the vessels upkeep.
- Responsible for the upkeep of exterior deck areas and maintaining a clean, tidy condition.
- Complies with Bridge Resource Management values.
- Handles ropes and cables during mooring, berthing and departing operations.
- Performs all operations connected with the launching of lifesaving equipment, lowers and raises tender boats, lifeboats or rescue boats.
- Assists Bosun with on-the-job training of Ordinary Seaman
- Proficient in the use of lifesaving, damage control and safety equipment onboard.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept.
Super Powers Required:
- Min. 12 months experience in Deck Rating role. Any type of vessel but preferably passenger fleet
- Deck Watch Rating Certificate II/5 for DECKHAND (AB) or Certificate II/4 for JR DECKHAND (OS)
- All other certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Very good command of the English Language
Last updated: April 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: