WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Crew Service Manager is responsible for ensuring and managing the provision of all administration matters relating to the vessel’s company such as Officers, Crew, Concession staff and Guest Entertainers.
- Responsible for managing the crew payroll and currency exchange ensuring accurate and efficiency whilst maintaining security.
- Ensures the safe storage of all crew passports upon sign on and ensures crew collect upon sign off from the vessel.
- Assists the Clearance Officer in providing necessary crew documentation for entry and departure at all ports including immigration, visas and customs lists.
- Responsible for the administration of onboard crew accounts, cash advances and bank wires as per company guidelines.
- Maintains and monitors Crew manifest for onboard safety regulations and international requirements.
- Ensures all joining crew have original and valid copies of legally required paperwork necessary for them to sign on to the Ships Articles and work onboard paying particular attention to passport, visa and medical certificate validity.
- Notifies Human Resources Manager of any complications when signing crew onto Ships Articles and liaises with Snr. Manager People – Seagoing for any that will be denied boarding.
- Assists Clearance Officer in the preparation of Immigration and Customs clearance for all crew onboard.
- Main liaison between Port Agents and Heads of department for all crew travel arrangements.
- Responsible for any Crew medical disembarks in cooperation with the Medical team and Clearance Officer.
- Ensures crew Seaman’s books are completed with proper embarkation dates.
- Responsible for the accurate and complete administration of crew files including certificates, personal details, travel documents etc.
- Prepares and administers all travel arrangements for disembarking crew members.
- Provides support to Human Resources Manager as and when required.
- Responsible for the administration all ILO sheets onboard.
- Ensures the Crew Office operates within ISM and MLC regulations.
- Prepare appraisals for individuals under their remit in accordance with Virgin Voyages policies.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ recent experience as Crew Office Manager/Crew Services Manager onboard a Cruise Ship.
- Proven people skills along with conflict resolution, counselling, mediating and motivational skills.
- Out of this world organization skills and able to execute operational imperatives in a swift and demanding environment.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions