WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE INTERVIEW IN FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new company vessels Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 4-6 months for most positions, for entry positions - 7 months
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is playful and personable for our Help Desk Associate gig.
This ‘someone’ knows how to provide RockStar service and is really good at making our Sailors feel like they are at home. They are our Sailor’s go-to person and they know the ship like the back of their hand. Sound like you?! ... Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up to:
- Provides a positive impression to every Sailor and aims to recognize everyone by name
- Maintains positive Sailor relations at all times
- Processes all Sailors at embarkation according to company standards to include check-in, collecting passports / other documents and issuing boarding cards
- Keeps and maintains accurate records of discussions/correspondence with guests and communicates all complaints onboard to Guest Service Director
- Assists in carrying out administration for the vessel’s Customs and Immigration clearances along with ship’s documentation when entering / leaving port
- Assists in organizing the preparation and processing of all administrative requirements for guests throughout the voyage such as embarkation / disembarkation activities
- Carries out cash transactions required by Sailors
- Responsible for balancing of their cash fund daily
- Receive and inventory lost and found items and maintain a log of all found items and report lost items
- Ensure the Help Desk area is kept clean, presentable and in an orderly manner at all times
- Prepares and updates berthing lists, gift orders, special notes, and guest lists
- Provides information and assistance to Sailors and is familiar with all cruise services / features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in the same role onboard a Premium Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort.
- Passionate about people and able to handle sailor complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Strong written & verbal English skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Last updated: JANUARY 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions