Work on board brand new company vessel Valiant Lady (currently at shipyard in Italy under construction)
Joining in April / May 2021
4 months on board & 2 months off for SR. TECHNCAL STOREKEEPER, 7 months on board & 3 months off for TECHNICAL STOREKEEPER
ALL joining expenses are covered / reimbursed by the employer
The Technical Storekeeper is responsible for assisting the Deputy Chief Engineer in the control of stock level records and requisitions for Marine & Technical department stores and spares.
- Ensures sufficient stock levels are maintained with regards to spares, small lube oils, chemicals, acetylene, oxygen and other consumables.
- Responsible for maintaining an orderly and rational storage system, continuous updating of spare parts, material and consumable stores.
- Responsible for receiving all stores for the Marine & Technical department, making sure received parts are labelled correctly and placed in their designated area in storage rooms as soon as possible and that parts are marked correctly according to its store location utilizing the AMOS system.
- Ensures all received parts are to be controlled against the purchase order and received in the AMOS system and inquiries regarding missing or wrong deliveries are raised to the purchasing department in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly stock checks for Marine & Technical stores and spares and report to Deputy Chief Engineer any discrepancies.
- Responsible for the maintenance of clean and tidy store conditions, paying particular attention to spare gear held on a long-term basis.
- Ensures that no items are removed from Technical stores without their approval in order to maintain knowledge of stock levels.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept.
- Assist Deputy Chief Engineer in completion of appraisals for direct reports.
Super Powers Required:
Minimum 12 months experience as Storekeeper/Warehouse person in a Technical setting preferably on board cruise ships
Practical knowledge of AMOS system, inventory control, ordering
All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
Very good command of English Language
Last updated: March 14, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: