TAKE PART IN ONLINE INTERVIEW WITH VIKING CRUISES IN NOVEMBER 2021
Why is it so cool to become a Viking?
- Paid flights to and from the ship
- Legal employment 6 months on, 2 months off based on 10-hour work day
- Fixed return dates at the end of your contract
- Free shipwide Wi-Fi
- Free accommodation
- Opportunities for growth and advancement in your career
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure a friendly and professional beverage service in your assigned F&B area to the fullest satisfaction of our guests and in accordance with Viking Ocean Cruises Standards.
- Professional, welcoming and sales oriented F&B service.
- Assigned areas of responsibilities in any F&B outlet according to direction from management.
- Area of responsibility is set up in accordance with direction from supervisor and Viking Ocean Manuals.
- Operation of bar procedures according to company standards in all areas of responsibility (e.g. menus, decoration, appearance)
- Assists in set-up and execution of F&B related ship functions and special events
- Serving drinks in accordance with company standards
- Preparing cocktails in accordance with the company standards
- Creation of daily cocktails in accordance with company standards
- Preparation and set up of Café Lunch in the lounge when requested by supervisors.
- Maintains the highest level of cleanliness within assigned work area in accordance with Public Health standards
- Correct handling of all products, materials and equipment (glasses, cutleries and crockeries etc.) in assigned areas
- Tallying of sales transactions
- Cost control for bar in accordance with the budget
- Correct tallying of the bar revenue
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Participation in loadings
- Graduated education in hotel / catering industry
- Min. 2 years professional experience in 4 or 5 star bar operation
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Very good beverage knowledge (wines, cocktails etc.)
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Positive personality, neat appearance
- Minimum age on the date of application is 21 years.
- No visible tattoos
Last updated: October 13, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions