WOWOWOWOW! AHOY, SAILORS!
This is happening! Virgin Voyages announces ONLINE Interview in FEBRUARY 2021.
Virgin Voyages provides just amaaaazing conditions:
- Work on board brand new Virgin Voyages vessels - Scarlet Lady or Valiant Lady
- Be a part of special Virgin Voyage’s lifestyle and philosophy and grow together
- Contract length - 8 months, 2 months vacations
- Free food and accommodation on board
- The employer is going to provide or reimburse expenses for the following:
* STCW certification
* Joining tickets
* Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME)
* Necessary Visas
* Joining expenses, such as transfers, hotel accommodations, subsistence
The Hotel Utility works in Food & Beverage and Housekeeping, in both front and back of the house. Schedules and specific duties are assigned on a rotational basis, with expectations being that all Hotel Utilities will work in both departments during the contract.
The Hotel Utility carries out the cleaning of all Galley outlets, pot wash and dish wash areas, as well as the cleaning and maintenance of all Public areas onboard the vessel, including public restrooms, and crew areas.
When working in Sailor areas, the Hotel Utility is also expected to interact, and assist Sailors as needed.
When assigned to the Galley Areas:
- Carries out the cleaning operation for all equipment and machinery within the Food & Beverage department including but not limited to Galley outlets, Galley consumables and all work orders in all Galleys, Outlets and Crew dining areas.
- Carries out the daily cleaning procedures and maintenance of all Galleys, Outlets, Bars and Crew dining areas ensuring compliance with company policies and the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH) at all times.
- Ensures they follow the garbage segregation policy when dealing with waste.
- Reports significant public health issues to the Sanitation Officer.
- Follows Integrated Pest Management procedures at all times.
- Notifies Kitchen Steward of any breakages or losses of tableware to ensure stock levels are well maintained.
- Works according to the standards set out by USPH and HACCP.
- Reports to Head Cleaner any defects or repairs that affect the daily operation in the galley and that potentially violate USPH and/or SMS requirements.
When assigned to Housekeeping Public Areas:
- Carries out cleaning of public areas including but not limited to atriums, public walkways and other public spaces.
- Daily vacuuming, sanitizing, garbage removal and dusting/polishing of all public areas.
- Carries out cleaning and maintenance of carpets and floors in public areas including shampooing, stripping, waxing etc.
- Assists in the handling and distribution of Sailor luggage on embarkation/disembarkation.
- Follows and ensures correct storage via COSWOPP when handling and/or using cleaning chemicals.
- Keeps all cleaning equipment well maintained and reports any defects to the Public Area Manager
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience as Galley Steward/Utility Galley in a 4/5* hotel/resort.
- Experience in working in the front of the house onboard in 4/5* hotel/resort.
- Previous ship experience not needed
- Excellent organizational skills and able to juggle several operations in one go.
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Basic knowledge of Vessel Sanitation Program and USPH regulations and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of HACCP rules and regulations.
- Good command of the English Language
>>>Last updated: February 10, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions