Supports Doctors and other medical personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing the following described in this document.
Contract length - 26 weeks on board
Benefits working in ROYAL CARIBBEAN:
- Free food & accomodation (2 people per cabin)
- Perfect chance to travel the world
- Work in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. named one of the Top-Rated Workplaces
- Enjoy activities for crew (gym, social activities, crew events, etc)
- Earn recognition and career advancement opportunities
- To provide secretarial support to the Senior Doctor, Doctor(s), and Nurses, including the scheduling of daily activities, organizing Crewmember appointments, filing and sending confidential records, copying forms, and maintaining and ordering office supplies, and preparing inter-departmental memos by typing and formatting documents.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Even though secretaries are not necessarily medical professionals as Doctors or Nurses, they are expected to keep the same standards of ethics in regards to the different patient confidentiality aspects of the Medical Center environment. They are also accountable for the confidential management of medical records and patient information refraining from commenting or discussing any medical cases with anyone outside of the medical team and within the scope of the respective professional pertinence. Medical secretaries are not to participate in any activity that is related the practice of Medicine such as the examination of patients, drug prescription or administration and the performance of any surgical procedures.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
- Answer telephone, schedule appointments, and greet and direct patients and visitors.
- Instruct new patients in completion of medical history and information forms.
- Prepare bills to patients.
- Assist medical staff with their administrative duties.
- Prepare LGA Forms (Landed Goods Advice) as required.
- Assist in the preparation of Department budgets.
- Participates on all lifeboat and emergency drills held on board unless excused by the Staff Captain.
- Assist in the monitoring of monthly financial results.
- Train/assist medical staff in computer usage.
- Maintain office filing systems.
- Assist in the preparation of memos, correspondence, E-mail, reports, etc.
- Maintain overall office organization.
- Scheduling patients for laboratory tests and medical examinations.
- Assisting patients or family members with completion of medical forms.
- Good level of English
- With experience handling medical records – especially medical charts
- Someone who has worked in a hospital or doctor’s clinic as secretary would be a good candidate
- College Degree with an emphasis on medical records or business administration.
- Solid accounting and computer skills (MS Office Programs) and ability to learn computer programs such as AMOS and electronic records.
- Ability to organize and administrate a busy office environment.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently at an intermediate or advanced level.
- Cooperative with flexible personality.
- Marine background is a plus, but not a requirement.
Last updated: July 13, 2021
In case you are not sure what position to apply, you can always upload your CV to general application here: https://ismira.breezy.hr/p/c3fb653b09b501-general-application-for-hospitality-positions